1 cup rice
1/2 cup (125ml) quinoa
5 cups (1250ml) water
Pinch rock salt
1/2 head cauliflower, chopped (1 cup)
2 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons ground coriander seeds
1 cup (250ml) walnuts
1 celery stick, chopped
2 small carrots, chopped
1/2 pound (250g) tofu
1/3 cup (80ml) chopped parsley
1/3 cup (80ml) peas
2/3 cup (160ml) oat flakes
1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400℉ (200℃).
2. Combine water, rice, quinoa, and rock salt in a large pot. Cover and bring to a
boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Steam cauliflower for 10 minutes.
4. Heat ghee in a large skillet. Fry cumins seeds and sesame seeds. Add walnuts,
ground coriander, carrots, and celery. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring
occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
5. Combine grains, cooked vegetables, and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl.
Add tofu, parsley, and peas. With an electric mixer, mix on slow speed until
ingredients break down. Add rest of the ingredients and mix throughly until the
mixture is sticky and holds together.
6. Cover a cookie sheet with baking parchment. Scoop mixture onto the baking
parchment with an ice-cream scoop. Cover burgers with another piece of baking
parchment and place a cookie sheet on top. Press down on the cookie sheet
lightly and evenly to flatten the burgers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly brown. Serve with chutney of your choice.