Stir-Fried Basil Leaves Chicken
(Phat Kra Praow)
This is a popular dish for many people. This dish can be translated with tofu for a vegetarian option or even pork, beef and sometimes lamb.
- 2/3 cup meat (chicken, pork, beef, lamb, tofu)
- 1 ½ cups holy basil leaves
- ¼ cup vegetables (long yard beans, baby corn, straw mushrooms or green long pepper)
- ¼ onion
- 20 cloves garlic
- 5 to 10 hot chilies
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp light soya sauce
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup water
- holy basil leaves and red chilies for garnish
what to do:
Pound chilies and garlic roughly. Warm oil in wok over medium heat, put chill mixture into hot oil and sauté until fragrant. Add meat, store until the meat is cooked through. Add vegetables and onion, season with sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and light sauce, stir well. When the vegetables are done, add ply basil leaves and ground pepper, stir thoroughly, then turn off heat. Transfer to a serving dish.
* serve and garnish with additional basil leaves. You can freeze this dish for up to 3 months and serve with steamed white rice.