- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil and balsamic while pulsing. Set aside.
Spiralize the zucchini pasta, and place in a large metal bowl. With tongs, toss with the pesto and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper as needed.
* if digestion is impaired, you can slightly cook the zucchini pasta in a little olive oil and salt, before serving with sauce. This is usually done for vata type dosha.