- Papaya flesh the flesh into small pieces 2 cups
- Dry roasted shredded coconut 3 tbsp
- Fried shallots 2 tbsp* See how to fry shallot at cooking note below
- Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves 1 tbsp
- Red Thai chilli chopped 1 tsp (optional) (small chilies are spicier than the bigger ones)
- Kaffir lime leaves thinly sliced for garnishing 1 leave
- Red spur chilli thinly sliced for garnishing half a chilli
- Vegetarain sauce ½ tbsp
- Palm sugar 1 tbsp
- Lime juice 2 tbsp
- Roasted chilies paste 1 ½ tbsp
what to do:
- In a dressing bowl, add roasted chilli paste, palm sugar, vegetarian fish sauce and lime juice. Stir well.
- In a mixing bowl, add papaya, fried shallots, roasted shredded coconut and peanut, coriander and mint leaves and toss with dressing.
- Garnish with kaffir lime leaves and sliced red spur chilli.
*omit chilis for pitta, can use coconut or mango with vata types.