Maca Miso Broth:
- 4″ square sheet kombu
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh ginger root
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup sweet white or yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 bunch seasonal greens (choi sum, kai lan etc.)
- ½ pumpkin, cubed and cooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp, toasted
Noodles and Veg:
- Einkorn or Buckwheat, cook to package instructions.
Make the broth:
In a pot combine the ginger, kombu, dried mushrooms, and boiling water. Cover and let steep while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, 20-30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk a half-cup of stock into the miso paste and stir it to loosen. Add the miso to the stock, and taste for salt, adding tamari until you like the flavour. Lastly add the maca and boil the veg.
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions Divide the noodles between bowls and top with choi, seeds and pumpkin Reheat the broth if necessary to just below a simmer and pour it over the bowls.
*beautiful prebiotic, with all of nature’s warming healing qualities. The action of kombu and maca warm the body and detox the tissues from deep within.