Adzuki Bean Chili Wrap
1 cup (250 ml) adzuki beans, soaked overnight
3 cups (750 ml) water
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 yellow squash, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper corns
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon crushed, fresh ginger
1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of red chili, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 small tomato diced
1/3 cup (80 ml) quinoa
1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon rock salt
1/4 teaspoon black salt
What to do;
1. Heat water in a medium pot. Add beans, celery, zucchini, squash, and carrots. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer on low heat.
2. In the meantime, grind pepper, fennel, coriander, and cumin seeds in a coffee grinder. Sprinkle half of the ground spice mix into the cooking beans and stir.
3. Heat a small skillet and dry roast 2 teaspoons cumin seeds until brown. Once done, remove seeds from pan immediately so they do not burn. Grind in coffer grinder. Set aside.
4. Add tomato paste to cooking beans. Stir occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a skillet. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and fry until they pop. Add ginger, chilies, and bell pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped basil, tomato, hing and rest of the ground spice mix from step 2. Cook for another few minutes. Add to the cooking beans. Once beans have been cooking for 25 minutes and they are soft, add quinoa to beans and cook for another 20-25 minutes until both quinoa and beans are cooked and the water is absorbed.
7. Add sugar, soy sauce, and salts. Place . cup chilli on each tortilla and fold. Garnish with roasted cumin powder.