- two single portion fresh salmon filets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 medium red skin potatoes
- 2 medium fresh peeled carrots
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- splash dry white wine
- 2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 2 tsp ground fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dried oregano or basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive or sesame oil (un-toasted)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fresh ground white pepper to taste (black pepper may be substituted)
what to do;
Cut out two large shaped pieces of parchment paper and set aside. Roughly chop potatoes, onions, and carrots. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan under medium heat, stir in asafoetida powder, ground fenugreek, and turmeric.
Stir fry onions, potatoes, and carrots with the spices until slightly softened but still crisp in the centre. Layer portions of the vegetable mixture in each of the parchment next lay the salmon filets, salt and pepper, a few slices of lemon or orange, and then the dried herbs.
Heat oven to 180 degrees C (325 degrees F). Fold parchment closed and leave a small spout open at the end of each parchment heart. Pour approximately a quarter cup of dry wine into each of the parchment and then fold completely shut. Place onto a baking sheet and into the oven. Bake for 18 minutes. Serve immediately, allowing guests to open the parchment. Enjoy!